Down Memory Lane | Teen Ink

Down Memory Lane

September 30, 2022
By Anonymous

Since it’s my last year at high school I thought I’d go down memory lane and tell a favorite memory for each year so far. Starting off with freshman year, this memory takes place in late September into early October right around Homecoming. I was looking forward to the Homecoming dance since it was my first real high school dance! And because I had an excuse to get dressed up. On the day of homecoming, my group of friends about ten of us all headed over to take pictures at one girl's house. It sounds like a normal homecoming night, but it definitely wasn’t…  After the pictures were all done it was time to get on our ride and to my surprise, a limo was waiting at the end of the driveway to pick us up. I was shocked, I thought to myself, “is this actually for us?” And it was!  While riding over to the school I felt like I was a princess heading over to the ball about to go dance and have fun with my friends. Overall that night was a blast getting to dance with all of my friends. 


Onto Sophomore year, while looking back at all my memories the one that stuck out the most to me is getting more involved and meeting new people at the different club events. My favorite event would have to be the first meeting of the Interact club. It was during the first week of September and the meeting was on Saturday. Now at first, I wasn’t overly excited to go to school on Saturday, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The meeting started off with small group games, then followed by a big group game outside which helped to continue to get to know each other better. And it then ended with a chance to start our volunteer hours by cleaning up around campus. 


 Junior year, also known as the hardest year, now going in I was more nervous than in the past two years since everyone kept telling me, “good luck, junior year definitely was the worst year in high school.” Which didn’t give me too much confidence going in, but I found that even though it was a hard year it wasn’t as daunting as people made it out to be. I found that going out with friends was a great way to get my mind off all the stresses from school. And it gave me the motivation to get through the week so I could enjoy just hanging out with my friends. 

 

 And lastly, in Senior year, since this year hasn’t happened yet I’m going to mention what I’m looking forward to. This year I’m excited to take some classes at a community college for baking and pastry production. Because I’m thinking of going into the food industry when I’m older. So far in my classes, we’ve made croissants, fruit tarts, and baguettes just to name a few. Overall, I’m looking forward to my last year in high school and getting myself ready for college next year.