The Best Meal | Teen Ink

The Best Meal

By mollyj5 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
mollyj5 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Imagine the best meal hitting the tip of your tongue? Sweet. Sour. Or spicy.

Every year my family goes up north and this meal is a tradition. In the afternoon my grandpa and I get the grill ready by putting the charcoal on and getting it ready to start. 

Later in the evening we would start the grill and clean it. After the charcoal was white we would spread them around and bring the steaks out. My grandma and I were in charge of the steaks. My grandma is paranoid about burning them so we stand outside rain or shine for 10 minutes. 5 minutes on each side. Once the 10 minutes were up my grandma would cut the steaks open and see if they are cooked to perfection. 

While the steaks were cooking my mom and brother would make the cesar salads. About an hour before the steaks went on we put the potatoes in the oven to cook until the inside was soft. 

My favorite meal is steak with potatoes and a side cesar salad. In that meal there are all different tastes in your mouth. The steak in my mouth juices with flavor. The crunchy lettuce with a taste of cesar. The thing that puts all the flavors together is the baked potato. 

After eating this meal your mouth will be watering and your hypothalamus will be telling your stomach that you want more food.