My Favorite Mistake | Teen Ink

My Favorite Mistake

By armajanae-browne06 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
armajanae-browne06 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

“ no matter how much you fall get right back up “.

“   some cash has deposited into your account ”

That was the first mistake, that mistake was depositing money into my bank account all happily. Obviously it was my paycheck but still that doesn’t matter not one bit.When that money deposited into my account i instantly opened up the online shopping app that i always tend to spend hundreds of dollars at.I usually dont spend my money right away but this day was something different.

I thought to myself “ it is bout to be winter time so i should order some warm clothing”.

I instantly started browsing thru the winter collection and found a few things then added them to my cart. As i was adding random things to my cart i did see the total amount of everything and see the prices go higher and higher as each item got added to my cart. As this was my payday i really didn't care too much for the price but i did also make sure i didn't spend my whole paycheck on that app full of clothes of course. As the prices started to rise up i noticed that i had to either put stuff back or stop adding right there. I then decided to stop there because when i tell you i liked everything that i picked out there was no going back. So boom, i push purchase and review the shipping and taxes, comes out to a big amount but i dont really mind it because it is a necessity and will forever be satisfied with my purchase.

“ Oh sh.t did i really just press that”? I said to myself as i stare in regret

Fashion Nova has accepted your payment!

That was the notification of disbelief and regret and the time i wish i could rewind time

That's when i realized that they shouldve never deposited that in my account.

This narrative was mostly about how I made a mistake on spending my money then quickly regretting it moments later.