I Sent My Mom The Wrong Address | Teen Ink

I Sent My Mom The Wrong Address

By cintia_t09 BRONZE, Sacremento, California
cintia_t09 BRONZE, Sacremento, California

“you only live once”

Fourth of July 2021, I asked my mom if I could go to my friend Bella's house because she was having a pool party. My mom knew who Bella was, she just doesn't know where she lives. Neither did i. 

I said, ¨hey mom can i got Bella's house, she's having a pool party.¨

My mom replies, ¨yeah, where does she live?¨ i thought my mom was going to say no but surprisingly she said yes. 

¨uhh i don't know where she lives but i know she lives pretty far. But Bella's mom said she can pick me up.¨ i said 

¨Mmm okay i'll talk to bella's mom when she gets here.¨ my mom said. Bella and her mom picked me up around 1:30ish. Bella's mom and my mom talked for a while.

Before I left my mom said to me ¨text me the address when you get there¨. Then we headed to her house.  It was about a 30 to 35 minute car ride from my house. We get to her house and I forget what my mom told me. I help Bella and her mom set up for the party, then me and Bella just chill in the pool while people start arriving. 

At like 7:00 I got a text from my mom saying, ``Hey, what time do you want me to pick you up?¨ I texted her back 20 minutes later. 

¨uhh like at 10:00¨ i replied back

She said, ¨ okay send me the address.¨”

I asked Bella for the address and she said, ¨ oh yeah here it is right here¨ she handed me a report card from the school it had her address in. 

I said, ¨thank you¨ i sent it to my mom. At that point I didn't think anything of it. I did think it was a little weird but she probably just didn't want to type it in for me. What I didn't know is that her parents are separate and she goes with her dad. She never talked about her dad so I never said anything because it was not my business. 

My mom calls me ¨hey i'm outside what house is it?¨

¨The house that had decorations in the garage door¨, i said

¨I don't see anything¨, she said i went outside and i didnt see her. 

¨Im outside where are you?¨ i said

She said, ``I'm parked in front of the house. I don't see you. Sooner or later we realize I sent her the wrong address. My mom was at Bella's dad's house because the address that was on the report card was her dad's address. I showed Bella the address I sent my mom.

She said, ¨oh my god! That's my dad's address, my bad¨ I was like this girl really gave me the wrong address. She tells her mom what happened and her mom felt so bad so she took me home. Told my mom what happened and ever since that day every time i wanna go to a friend's house my mom always wants to know where they live before i go.

I wrote this because this story is funny now when i think about it but at the time it was not funny and my mom was really mad at me