My Diary and I | Teen Ink

My Diary and I

By katthecat13 BRONZE, North Hollywood, California
katthecat13 BRONZE, North Hollywood, California

I was alone through quarantine. Stuck with my parents and pets, and myself. I would compare myself to the skinny girls I saw online. But I started writing in a diary- I would write my heart out whether it was the good, the bad, or any funny thoughts- and I would go to sleep only to reread it the next day. My diary and I became best friends- each morning, I met my past self…and the two of us would commune. I saw her as another and I have never judged others…And so, as my selves wrote to each other, I learned to have the same grace for myself that I give to others. I was able to disconnect myself from my mind-to change perspectives. I become one stranger pleading for advice to another. I learned to give counseling, patience, and mercy like I would any other friend. I have learned to overcome.

Hi! My name is Kat woop woop.

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Kat, I feel so related to what you've written here because I too maintain a diary to communicate with my past self as I mature daily, and it helps me a lot...No one can know who you truly are more than your diary and yourself...