A nice friendship in VIS (Vienna International School) in 2017 | Teen Ink

A nice friendship in VIS (Vienna International School) in 2017

A Nice Friendship 
So, in Vienna in 2017, I was in a normal lunch break and was playing one of the most favorite things I like to do, playing basketball. I was playing it with joy with my friends and then suddenly Ali, a friend from my class, came up and asked if he could play.  

We said, “Of course, bro!” 
We play until the break is over and at last the ball is in Ali’s hands.  
I asked Ali “Can I have the ball?” with a calm voice. 
Ali replied, “No I'm not giving the ball bro!” in a high voice 
 I got furious and shouted, "Give me the ball! 
With shock he gave the ball back.                                                                                        With that he said, “That’s not cool man.” 

Another day in school and I was playing football again with my friends and once again Ali came and played with us. The break is over, and everyone is trying to do the last possession, we are running like crazy. In the last possession Ali misses the goal with that he grabs the ball and starts running with it. 

I thought to myself, “Is he going to give the ball back?”  

At the time I had anxiety problems as a person. So, with the fear that he isn't going to give the ball, I ran behind him. When we came to the entrance of the school, he tossed the ball back at me, but I thought he was trying to throw it at my face. So I got mad and threw the ball at him, but I accidentally aimed at his head, and he fell to the ground. After he falls to the ground, he scrapes his elbow and runs somewhere.   

The place he went was our homeroom teacher Mrs. Kelly. So, he told her that I threw the ball at him and hurt him, which was true, but I thought he also threw the ball at me to hurt me. Mrs. Kelly called me to the classroom.  

“What have you done to Ali? He was shivering when he came to me. You hurt him with the ball and now he is at the nurse's office. Why did you do such a thing like that?” He said in an angry voice. 

The fear and the thing that I had done really hit me and changed me as a person.  
I replied in a panicking voice,

"I'm very sorry Mrs. Kelly, I'm going to go and say sorry to him. I'm feeling very bad now, I thought he was trying to throw the ball at me to hurt me, but I think that assumption of mine was wrong, I'm very sorry Mrs. Kelly.”

I really felt bad, because I really didn’t want to hurt someone. Also, he was trying to give the ball to me, not trying to hurt me with the ball. So, I went to find him, and he was sitting in the nurse's waiting area. I sat next to him. 

I said, “Hey bro I'm sorry because of what I did. I thought you were trying to steal the ball, but you know me, I'm a little dumb. Besides that, I would like to become friends again are you ok with that?”  

He thinks a bit for 5 seconds...  

He replies with,

Damn bro, I don’t know man. I really liked your soccer ball and your basketball, so that’s why I wanted to play with it a bit myself.  So, if you let me use your ball a bit, I would of course become friends with you again.”     

With that I said, “Of course my man.” 

We played basketball and football for 2 and a half years together. Until I left school. I still talk to him on Instagram. 

Friendships could have times where they couldn't get along with each other. We are all humans and humans have emotions; people don't feel the same at the same time. The important conclusion is that friends can do mistakes. Forgiving it  could be a vise option to do for person.