Please Meet Joe Black! | Teen Ink

Please Meet Joe Black!

By bapti SILVER, Tirana, Other
bapti SILVER, Tirana, Other

Seeing the movie, a couple of hours ago, I would like to share my overall impression of it with you. The movie Meet Joe Black is a great illustration of how comedy, romance, and drama can coexist. Brad Pitt portrays Death, who is fascinated by human emotions and ultimately makes a genuinely human choice in one of his best performances.

The film being filmed in Manhattan, New York and its surrounding is about Bill Parrish (Anthony Hopkins), a businessman and loving family man, turning 65. Yet, before he is getting there, he is greeted by Death (Brad Pitt), who has taken human form as Joe Black, a young man who recently died. Joe and Bill strike an agreement: Bill will be given a few extra days of life, and Joe will spend the same amount of time learning what it's like to be human. It appears to be the ideal arrangement until Joe falls in love – with Bill's daughter Susan.

Brad Pitt portraying Death and the old soul of the body Death suited in was very successful. Switching from a very active, flirtatious guy to a silent and calm person was satisfactional. He made it obvious that he was death, the personality and the acting he did was very on point. Bill Parish being the victim of death acted very mature. Already being a mature person himself, Bill Parish demonstrated it well in the film. He wasn’t afraid or panicking, he was always in the moment. His way of saying his lines was slow and fluent. He knew how he influenced the world. Claire Florian being the love of death acted as a very feminist women, showing all the emotions possible he really made the story feel more real.

30 minutes into the movie Bill Parish meets Death in a human body. He first thinks it is a joke but when Death convinces him his reaction is very unexpected, he is in the moment and doesn’t panic if any preparation should be done. He isn't scared at all because he has completed every aspect of his life which is very pleasant to watch and inspiring for the viewer. In my opinion this was a good scene in the movie.

The conclusion to Meet Joe Black is a reflection on the wonder of life, the depth of our  emotions, and knowing when to let go and sacrifice our own joy for someone else's. A true romantic gesture leads to the tragic, yet strangely happy, ending of the film. This movie teaches you a lesson about life and what it takes to be a better person overall. People who are young could benefit from this film more but overall, this film is to teach humanity a lesson and make it better.

With all these views added to the film, I'd like to offer my judgment on "Meet Joe Black." I really enjoyed this movie while watching it, and as I was writing the position essay, I thought about it more and decided to give it a "A." With a fantastic story and the best actors in the world at the time, this film turned out to be a masterpiece, convincing my unmatched perspicacious mind to highly recommend it.

Meet Joe Black is  great ovie and i highly recommmend my audience to watch it because of the lessns it gives.