Welcome To The Easy Life | Teen Ink

Welcome To The Easy Life

Welcome to the easy life

If you're a wealthy teenager, congratulations! You're living the dream too. You have accessibility to the best education, the finest clothing, and also the most costly vehicles. You can eat at luxury restaurants and also travel to unique locations whenever you feel like it. As well as best of all, you can escape practically anything. Yes, it holds true.

Wealthy young adults are often protected from the repercussions of their actions, while those from less blessed histories are held answerable. It's a double requirement that's been around for centuries, as well as it shows no signs of vanishing anytime quickly. So, what exactly does it imply to be an affluent young adult in today's culture? For starters, if you're a well-off teenager, you're probably used to getting whatever you desire. Need a new automobile? No problem, dad will get you a Porsche. Intend to go to an exclusive party? Easy, simply utilize your connections to get an invite. However what takes place when you enter into difficulty? Well, that's where the dual standard can be found.

If you're a well-off young adult that obtains caught doing something unlawful or underhanded, you can virtually escape it. Your parents will certainly work with the best attorneys cash can buy, and also before you recognize it, you're off scot-free. However if you're from a much less privileged background, the story is entirely different. If you get captured doing something illegal or unethical, you'll more than likely end up with a criminal record as well as a lengthy prison sentence. Your parents can not manage to work with the best attorneys, and also the justice system isn't made to safeguard individuals like you. And it's not simply the justice system that treats affluent teenagers in different ways. Colleges also play a role in perpetuating this double requirement. If an affluent teenager gets caught dishonesty on a test, their parents will pull a couple of strings, as well as suddenly, the entire case is swept under the carpet. However, if a much less fortunate teenager is captured doing the exact same thing, they'll be tossed out of school quicker than anything.

However one of the most irritating parts of this dual requirement is the fact that wealthy young adults don't also recognize they're gaining from it. They assume that their success is solely because of their hard work as well as intelligence, entirely disregarding the reality that they have accessibility to resources and possibilities that most people can only imagine. And allow's not forget the repercussions of underage alcohol consumption. If an affluent teenager is caught with alcohol, their parents will merely pay a fine and also proceed with their lives. But if a much less fortunate young adult is caught doing the same point, they'll be identified an overdue and also face severe fines.

So, what can we do about this dual standard? Sadly, there's no easy solution. The wealthy will constantly have more power and also impact than the less blessed, and also till we recognize and address this concern, the dual standard will certainly remain to exist. Yet that doesn't imply we can't tease it. Besides, witticism is just one of the very best tools we have to reveal as well as slam social concerns. So, allows take a moment to satirize the crap of this double criterion. Think of a globe where the justice system is genuinely blind, where the abundant as well as bad are dealt with just as. In this globe, a well-off teen who obtains captured taking a candy bar from a convenience store is punished to two decades in prison, while a less fortunate teen who commits the same criminal activity is offered a demanding lecture from the store owner. Or think of an institution where unfaithful is taken seriously, where a wealthy teenager that cheats on an exam is compelled to duplicate the whole academic year, while a less privileged young adult who rips off is given a second chance with extra tutoring and support. As well as let's not ignore the effects of underage drinking.

In this world, if a well-off young adult is caught with alcohol, their parents are required to do social work at a neighborhood rehabilitation center. The reality that we can think of a world where the rich and also less blessed are truly held to the very same requirements reveals just exactly how deep this dual standard runs. So, what's the service? It's challenging, but one step we can take is to start acknowledging and also speaking about the issue. We need to recognize that the rich have even more power as well as influence, and that this power frequently causes a lack of responsibility. We additionally require support and also boost the much less fortunate, whether it's through education and learning, work chances, or accessibility to sources. 

We need to level the playing area to make sure that every person has a sporting chance to do well. And most notably, we require us to maintain using satire and humor to call out this ludicrous double criterion. It's not just entertaining, yet it can additionally help increase awareness as well as spark conversation. Finally, the truth that rich teens are usually protected from the effects of their actions while those from less blessed backgrounds are held answerable is an aggravating and unreasonable reality. It's a double requirement that continues inequality and bolsters a system where power and influence reign supreme. Yet we can take actions to resolve this concern, whether it's through acknowledging the trouble, supporting the less fortunate, or utilizing witticism as well as wit to bring attention to the issue. And who knows, perhaps someday we'll reside in a world where the affluent as well as less privileged are genuinely held to the very same criteria. Till then, we'll simply need to keep teasing the absurdity of all of it. 

Final Draft Narrative Analogy Rebuttal