Hope | Teen Ink

Hope

September 16, 2023
By Bethanblack PLATINUM, Kington, Please Select
Bethanblack PLATINUM, Kington, Please Select
41 articles 32 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Boys are meant to ruin your lipstick, not your mascara" --Marilyn Monroe


I couldn't live without hope. To navigate through life devoid of hope is to wander along a never ending road of disappointment without the light to guide the way forward. Without hope, even the simplest tasks become unfathomable, leading to a constant state of unfulfilled potential. 

 

How would one move on with life? How could someone even fathom a future if you cannot hope for great things? Without hope, the doors to my ideal academic challenges like Oxford or Cambridge remain firmly closed, denying me the chance to grow and improve within high ended institutions . I would never even attempt a university! 

 

Without hope, the drive to pursue academic qualifications such as A levels and GCSEs fades away, leaving a void where aspirations once existed. Without hope, everything collapses beneath you. Leaving you within the rubble of your past, your present and your unbearable future.

 

Without hope, could I ever attempt art? Without the hope instilled within me, could I attempt an art GCSE? Could I continue at all?

 

In conclusion, nobody could ever live without hope. Not truly living. Without hope, you would merely survive as a shell of the person you once were.