Can't Live Without | Teen Ink

Can't Live Without

September 26, 2023
By Anonymous

One thing I can’t live without is the chain that my grandma gave to me. She gave it to me my freshman year of high school, the clasp recently broke so right now it's sitting on my nightstand until I can get it fixed. It is something really important to me because she has done so much for me and it reminds me of her and how she has been in my life. It also reminds me of how much she cares for me and how she is willing to do whatever it takes to make me happy and make sure that everything for me is special. 

 It reminds me of all the Christmases spent at her house where she would spend hours making her house look like the Grinch or other Christmas movies making it special she would hand make different decorations making christmases as special as they can be. It reminds me of the Badger games she has taken me to and the times we saw the players eating at a diner. It reminds me of the countless hours she has spent going to watch my football and baseball games, and the good luck texts before a big game. It reminds me of when she would watch over me and my sister as kids take us to the zoo. It reminds me of the times she had spent looking for presents for me for my birthday when I didn't have any ideas. Lastly it reminds me of our family trips to Florida where we would spend time at Universal and on the beach.

I truly can’t imagine what life would be like with a grandma who does so much and cares so much for me. I can not imagine what different Christmases would be like and how we would spend all of the different holidays. Everytime I see or feel it it reminds me of her and I feel all those memories rush through my mind making me feel good inside and feel nice and nostalgic. I'm not sure what I would do if I lost the chain because of everything it represents for me and all of the memories that are associated with it.