Can't Live Without | Teen Ink

Can't Live Without

By Becketth33 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Becketth33 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

I love to drive around in my car all the time whether it is with my friends, my family, or just by myself I enjoy riding in my car. It isn’t really the joy of driving the car but rather the joy of listening to my fun Spanish playlist or hearing my Spanish funk music before a game. It’s all about the journey rather than the ride. Although my car isn’t the thing that I really can’t live without but rather the Rosario in the car that I have. It is strapped on the top of the car next to my garage opener. My mom gave it to me to give me protection whenever I was in the car. The Rosario reminds me of my family and who I love in my life especially my larger family and the ones that I have in Mexico. 

I am not the biggest person when it comes to praying all the time even though I am Christian and would pray all the time I just can become forgetful a lot which can create a routine for myself. I love the lettering that Rosario has on it because it reminds me of a saying back when I was in Mexico talking with my family during lunch. There is a full amount of letters around saying “Rosario” with a cross on it. We would always look at the sign before we eat and renounce the words that are listed on the sign. The sign almost creates a sense of love and affiliation with everyone around the room which I really love. 

Although I don’t carry the Rosario around me wherever I go, it is always the first thing I notice when I hop into my car or as I press the garage opener to open my garage door to get in the house which I think is very neat in the way it carries itself around with me. My Rosario isn’t even that big though it carries a huge part of me around whenever I have to take my brother to practice or take my sister to a friend's house I always have a good feeling that this Rosario is with them even though it really isn’t necessarily with them.