The Art within Portrait Art | Teen Ink

The Art within Portrait Art

What is one thing you can’t live without? Likewise, Demetri Martin once said, “The Earth without art is just eh,” and I agree with him. Especially portrait art! It shows me how to find beauty in everyone, notice unique ethnic details, and appreciate human facial harmony.
    In fact, the amazing process of evolution could be shown through the face within. For example, Middle Easterners down-turned nose characteristic since they evolved to live in desert areas, and this nose type will protect them from sand dilemmas. Furthermore, the natives of Alaska and people from certain parts of Asia have slanted and monolid eyes as a shield against either extreme climate environments or severe degrees of ultraviolet light. Human development is amazing!
    For sure, human faces are magnificent; a feature could tell stories behind them! Therefore, seeing under eye bags would just be an eye bags until the story behind it, someone having a hard time falling asleep, introvert stay up late since that’s the only few hour they could be absolutely alone, an artist enter their granted hour with exploding inspirational ideas, the eye with zero sleep from a military soldier, a teenager girl following the eye bags trend to put purple and pink eye shadow underneath her eyes, a mom sacrificed her beauty to stay up with the active toddler whom turn energetics every night, a college’s student study their final, the night coworker who tried the best to chase those dollar bills, the new dating generation stay up late to text each other said that is their love language, a curious child look up scary videos that horridly terrified them so much they decide to pull an all nighter looking for the ghost under their bed, then of course come the three a.m YouTuber who record those astrocious videos, the man whom sleepless in the waiting room filled in excitement and nervous for his first time being a father, the graffiti artist wait for the no-man hour to spray their existen to this world by writing ,”I’m here,” Western people first time living in Asia found themself more active at night on the way to the street vendors for snack, etc,....or it is simply just someone genetic. A detail contains meaning.
The more time I dawdle at their facial proportions, the more I wonder how everyone in the world is deadly gorgeous; their facial harmony always simply goes well together. For instance, when I illustrate someone insecure about having a “big lip”, I would love them to know that their lip corners are perfectly lined up to their middle pupils, and it heavenly balances their face. At the end of the day, humans are a masterpiece created by love.
    In short, it encourages me to study people's cultural traits, makes me appreciate charming details I will never note passing by, and lastly, helps people realize how extraordinary they are. For these specialties, portrait art has become something I truly can’t live without.

I’m Hân, and drawing has been my life priority, this essay is my way to express a feeling of the portraitist.