Stay here | Teen Ink

Stay here

By Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona
Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona

change your life

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Ada

Every time you fell down I felt your pain. I was to shy to go to you and help you up. I couldn’t do anything because there are ropes around my chest holding me to the ground. People criticized you and I felt like they were talking about me. It bit me that I couldn’t go to because of these chains on my hands. I still see you and you don’t know who I am. You don’t know I am alive or that a girl across the world is in love with you. That’s not what hurt the most though. The most hurt was when you regained your spot back and I finally had courage to go to you. You never fell; you went back to your old life. I missed you by a couple of seconds. When I finally was one step away from you to help you up you stood up and strode away never realizing me, but I am happy because you are. If you’re sad I am sad, when you cry I cry and no matter what this addiction to you may ease but never fade.

Love is addiction, and some people don't deserve it but you were never mean or a jerk.