Write | Teen Ink

Write

December 3, 2009
By roxawesomeness PLATINUM, Manassas, Virginia
roxawesomeness PLATINUM, Manassas, Virginia
44 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
Peace, Love, and R&R


Pictures are all over the ceiling. Their names and character traits on the other side of the paper. Computers line the perimeter of the room. Kids laughing and talking their small talk in their small groups. Gifted kids. This is my second home.

Some kids are working on a project to help society. Others are constructing a city for the future. And then there are ones like me, who write down their thoughts and feelings and put them into a poem or a story.

Every Thursday, I look forward to sitting down at computer 15 to write down my latest idea. I tune out everyone else's voices. All the "we need help"s and "don't do that"s are far, far away. The teacher who's trying to help, their voice is far, far away. When I write, I go into a world all my own.

Sometimes it's a made-up world. Where I can run away to become a movie star or a singer. Sometimes it's flashbacks to my real life experiences. Either way, I enjoy it. 'Cuz this is learning that I can really use.

The girl next to me, she writes poems. Often, she checks out my work too. Her poems are amazing, and they show deep intellect and thought.

I wanna see all of us writers making it big one day. I know it's impossible. But when you're writing, you can make the impossible possible.