School Swap | Teen Ink

School Swap

By Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin

This Thursday, January 7th, students from South Division are visiting AHS for the 9th Annual Pen Pal Exchange.

AHS had a successful visit in December to the Milwaukee school where our students experienced what high school life is like at South Division.

“It was such a fun and exciting experience,” says senior, Brittany, regarding her south division trip. “I can’t wait to show my pen pal what AHS is like!”

Now the South Division students have a chance to see an insider’s perspective of student life at AHS.

The South Division students are expected to arrive around the end of third period. The AHS students are to pick up their pen pals at the front office at North campus, and go about their day as normally as possible.

For 5th and 6th hour lunch periods, the AHS students are instructed to eat lunch with their pen pal in their normal hour. They are also offered the chance to take their pen pal ice skating at the Mullet center if they chose to the hour opposite to their lunch.

After lunch and ice skating with the pen pals, Arrowhead students are to continue their day, giving their pen pal the AHS experience.

Teachers were notified by sociology teacher and head of the pen pal program, Tim Tower, to not alter their teaching schedules in any way. He would like the experience to give the South Division students a regular day in the life of an AHS student.

After AHS students take their pen pals to 7th, 8th, and 9th hour, they are instructed to guide their pen pal back to the main office.