When Blue Meets Brown and Brown Meets Blue..... | Teen Ink

When Blue Meets Brown and Brown Meets Blue.....

By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote

His eyes caught mine and I could see the pain just pour out of them like waterfalls. So much hurt. I could feel it in my very own veins. I could see every harsh word and well constructed lie within. The ache was unbearable, but I couldn’t look away. There was this magnetic pull. I needed to know more. I wanted it so badly. It was a good pain. The kind that keeps you coming back for more. The kind that sucks you in and refuses to spit you back out. I had to know more. His face so bright and his lips drawn up in a smile; so different from what lived within. His laughter bounced around my ears and his smile blinded me. Who was this angel boy? Did God just drop him out of the sky? And if so, why in the world did he land in Kansas? I continued to stare with so much thought and confusion. I could see the lost friendships and the old homes. I could see the pain of having to leave again and again, leaving everything behind once more just to start over from scratch somewhere new. I could see the terrified little boy inside, crying for his daddy; not wanting him to leave again. I could see the tears; every little drop of pain that ever came out of those deep pools of gorgeous blue. I could see every tear wasted on girls that weren’t worth it and things that wouldn’t matter one bit the next day. I could see all the broken promises and the revealed secrets. I could see everything. Everything he was made of and all of his potential. I could see that will to strive and that strength to continue, no matter what. I could see that need to succeed and that want to be everything that he can be. I could see it all. And I loved every bit of it. So much mystery, yet I could see right through him. So much secrecy, yet his eyes tell his whole story. Our eyes locked on each other. Not letting a blink get in the way of seeing the other fully. As we stared into the each other’s souls, we traded secrets and thoughts along with dreams and fears. We learned everything about each other without saying a word. Not a word passed through our lips, yet we said so much. We laughed and cried and smiled and yelled all without letting out a word, a tear, or a giggle. We came down from our perfect little heaven and back to reality. Our faces finally came back into view and we both realized that we had literally got lost in each other’s eyes. We flashed each other a sly look and looked away back to the conversation we used to be absorbed in. We both wondered, but we both knew that that’s what happens when blue meets brown and brown meets blue.

The day that I finally fell in love.......=)