My Bear | Teen Ink

My Bear

By Slickminidarunner BRONZE, Mc Falls, Maine
Slickminidarunner BRONZE, Mc Falls, Maine

"Very Nice"

Everyone has something that they really treasure. It could be a toy, a gift, a collection, or anything for that matter. What is it for you? There must be something that you treasure more than anything else. Think about it? For me it is a stuffed animal.

I treasure it because my big brothers Nick, Nate, my little Brother Nolan, and I all slept with it as babies. My mom might have too, but I don't think so because it doesn't seem to be in bad condition. So it can't be too old. No offense to my mom.

It is about the size of a size six shoe. It is a milk chocolate brown and a dark chocolate brown color in different places almost like an ongoing fade throughout the stuffed animal. It is two different colors if you look at it clearly. The fake fur is almost shiny underneath a bright light. It has a white circle for a face which is about an inch and a half wide and tall.

It has small black rocks for eyes. Well, they're not really rocks but they look like rocks anyway. I think that they are made of an amber colored plastic that magnifies the smaller black plastic behind it because they are a brownish orange color with a black circle in them. There is also a piece of rounded wood that is cut in the shape of a triangle. The mouth is a piece of yarn that is in the shape of an upside down y.

I don't know if it has a name because I never name stuffed animals and I have had a lot of stuffed animals. My brothers might have named it something, but I don't know what it was. My mom says that she called it Josh before any of us were born. I do not really like that name much so I will just call it bear, or my bear, or my stuffed animal. They are much simpler.

It smells like babies because it was with a lot of babies. It is soft but not as soft as it once was. In a way It actually feels like a soft fleece blanket folded up. Except for the fact that it is not that texture. It feels like a shirt does except that its “fur” is about ten times longer than that of a shirt. If you know what I mean.

It does not really have a sound that you can hear. I imagine that it would make a sound if I throw it, but I won't throw it because it is special to me. It probably would make the same sound that any stuffed animal would if it hit something.

It is not new so it is a little bit dirty, but I don't care because it is still something that I treasure. The face has a blackish tint where the mouth is and there are small specks of black something underneath and around the mouth. I don't know if it has a taste because I have never tasted it before. But I imagine it would taste like cotton, and babies.

It's head is round when you look at it from the front, but if you look at it from the side it is more of an oval. The head is about three inches wide and tall in the front, but about two on the sides. It has two half circles for ears which stick out about an inch from the head. The ears are also about an inch and a half wide.. They used to be rounded but they are a little pointy now from all of the wear and tear. My bear doesn't really have a neck so it's head is just sewn onto the body. The body is the size of my palm from the front view, but it is like a very large egg from the side. It is about three inches long and three inches wide in the front. From the side it is about two inches wide. The legs are about an inch wide on the sides. In the front they are an inch and a half at the bottom and they grow to about two inches at the the top. The legs are about three inches long. The arms are about an inch wide in the front and a half of an inch on the sides. They are about two and a half inches long. The arms and legs are kinda flimsy now but I imagine that they were once quite firmly attached to the torso. When I say flimsy I mean that where the arms and the legs attach there is not much of the stuffing. The whole body is a little deformed somewhere but not too bad.

It is getting pretty old and I don't know if it will last until I can give it to my kids. But I'm sure that if I take good care of it, it will last until then but after that it is up to them to take care of it. It is from twenty one to about twenty five years old I don't know for sure, it could be older than that. I hope that one day my youngest kid will pass it onto their kids and so on for generations to come, if it makes it that far anyways. It is in pretty good condition now, but who knows what the years will bring forth to it.

Well, that is the thing that I own that I treasure the most. Now that I have told you what I treasure the most you should tell me about what you treasure the most. You might have a better idea of what you treasure better now after hearing what I treasure the most. I hope that you have something that you treasure so much as me that you will give it to your kids and hope that they will give it to their kids some day.

I wrote this article about a stuffed animal that all three of my brothers and me had with us when we were kids.