Third Grade Promise | Teen Ink

Third Grade Promise

June 30, 2010
By sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
76 articles 4 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
we the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.


Standing next to my cubby while i packed my bag, the boy I liked came up behind me and hugged me. Big deal, when you're in third grade.

On the car ride home, I talk to my mom, while my best friend and her mom are in the car also.

"Today, the boy I liked hugged me," I piped up.

"Oh, all the boys are gonna be all over you, soon enough." my friends mom said. Truth be told, she was right.

"No boys better be touching you until you're fifteen!" My mom remarked. Fifteen is still my set dating age. Broke it.

That day I made a silent promise to keep her out of my life invloving boys, knowing she wouldn't approve. If I never told her, i would never have to lie to her...right?

Three..almost four; years later, that promise stands as strong as ever.


The author's comments:
I made that promise; I know its wrong and probably most likely stupid to carry out a promose from when I was in third grade...but I was a smart kid.