What Happened To Us? | Teen Ink

What Happened To Us?

July 2, 2010
By Someone_Who_Is_Loved GOLD, Mount Forest, Other
Someone_Who_Is_Loved GOLD, Mount Forest, Other
10 articles 0 photos 82 comments

Favorite Quote:
This quote is one I made up.....
"You can't climb a mountian without a harness." It means that you can't go where you want to get in life without the help of your friends or family.


Dear Jessie,

I look at you, with tears falling down your cheeks. We used to be so close, but now that Melannie is gone, we've become enemies.

It's been three months since Melannie disappeared, and was found murdered by a roadside. I blame you, and you blame me. It used to be the three of us, you, Melannie, and I. We were known as the "Three Muskateers", around town, but now we're known as just Jessie and Madison. I want Melannie back, just as much as you do, and I'm sorry but that can't happen.

Three months have gone without her, and we're yelling at each other, swearing at each other, and hating each other? If Melannie was here, she wouldn't have liked us fighting. She was always the peacemaker, the one that loved yoga, and reading. I'm the creative one, the one that writes till midnight whenever I get an idea. Jessie, you're the tough one. The one that saved me from drowning at the beach. You gave me CPR, all the while pleading that I'd breathe. I did, and I'm alive thanks to you.

I'm writing this letter to tell you that we don't have to fight. Melannie would have wanted us to take her death and become closer because of it, not farther apart. I'm sorry I wasn't there with her the night she was kidnapped, but you can't really blame me, because you weren't there either.

I miss us, and the things we used to do. So, I guess I'm asking you to become my friend again. The one that would give me CPR, instead of leaving me to drown.

Please, I miss you, and I don't want to lose both of my friends.

Love,
Madison


The author's comments:
The names written are fake, but the letter is real. My friend did die, but her name's not Melannie.

RIP
My BEST FRIEND