High School Outcast | Teen Ink

High School Outcast

By CaityBug SILVER, Mechanic Falls, Maine
CaityBug SILVER, Mechanic Falls, Maine

"I'm cracking skulls!" -Vernon (The Breakfast Club)

I hate it! Apparently, to everyone I’m the too-smart, nerdy, outcast girl who’s way to shy and not girlfriend material. Well, to tell the truth, that’s probably a very accurate description of me.

I’m smart and take some things a bit too logically and I’m a nerd. Nobody but my close friends who have actually given me a shot like me and the rest think I’m “weird” or “odd”. I hardly ever speak loud in class because the thought of these people judging me even more scares the crap out of me, and I, myself, have come to the conclusion that I am not girlfriend material.

So, there’s me in a nutshell. Well, how the high school world sees me. I would certainly like to see myself as confident and pretty and outgoing as my friends are, but nobody else does, so they don’t.

And it sucks being a high school outcast.

We are one week into school, and I hate feeling this way, but I can't help it sometimes.

GaelicC said...
GaelicC, Longford, Other

No -Rosa Parks

When do you start "high school" anyway in America or wherever you are from? We call it secondary school, (I'm Irish) We start at the age of 12, some people may be 13.:) Just curious!

Oh yes and I understand how you're feeling, although I'm not really a nerd. Is it really that bad? You may get used to it in time and start to enjoy your life in High School or you might grow out being a nerd. Either way, be yourself, cause that's what everyone is best at doing!:)

Scribo BRONZE said...
Scribo BRONZE, Richmond, Other

"Why care about the weather? It only ends, it ends in darkness" - The Promise Ring

You sound just like me!  I'm sure many of the teenagers on this site know this feeling, and when you show your writer side to certain people, they'll back away.  You have something special about you that they don't, and they don't like it.  I try to have another side to me, and be appealing to people, but deep inside, we all know we don't want to fit in.  We want to stand out.