The Day I Grew Up | Teen Ink

The Day I Grew Up

I was only ten years old. So confused about life. So confused about everything. I loved this man. He was like my father, when I never had one. Then he destroyed that trust. He came in my room, one dark night, the window was open, so it was breezy cold. He crawled in my bed, and touched me. I didn’t know what was going on. I didn't want to tell because life was going so good. I had a nice house, a nice family, bills were FINALY getting paid. I didn’t want to ruin it. SO i kept quit. Oh the pain I endured was horrible. Having to look at the man who killed me inside everyday. Id actually count the days, waiting to tell. Id start talking, then just stop. My throat would choke up. Guess it wouldn’t be that day. I waited 5 months and 7 days. The 7th day, we were eating a family dinner. It was nice. I went to take a bite of my food and he flipped out. He said I was fat and ugly and needed to stop eating, have some manners, and knock it off. We were bringing my brothers girlfriend home. We dropped her off and I kept making excuses not to go back to the house. I gave up and told. MY life went down word after that. My mom went to hospital, I was always depressed, my brother was angry, and he was getting out of jail. We lost our house, and almost went into a homeless shelter. My mom wouldn’t eat dinner, my brother wouldn’t go out with friends, my dad wasn’t really in my life, but started helping out. I gained weight, because I stayed in my house depressed, lonely.... Im now 14 years old, I’ve lost weight, I’ve started doing modeling, and Im going to new york this summer for runway show. I’ve always had a hidden talent of singing and acting, but never showed it. So hopefully, someone will notice me. Maybe I’ll be helping out with the bills. I know this sounds strange, but If I could go back and change that day,,,, I wouldn’t.

Just wanted to write it down... Get it all out...

Kiley Dulac SILVER, Kittery, Maine
Thank you very much:). It means a lot, DMrol.

DMrol said...
very very nice.:) beautiful writting