Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

By xXRavenxMydnyteXx BRONZE, McFarland, Wisconsin
xXRavenxMydnyteXx BRONZE, McFarland, Wisconsin

"...Sing to me, about the end of the world, the end of the world, End these hammers and these needles for you." -- Flyleaf, Arise

This is too confusing. So confusing. I can't think anymore. They're always on my mind, no matter what. Thanks a lot guys, I thought you were supposed to help in your friend's time of need.
I think it all started during the first week of school. When people were showing off, trying to get sorted into the popular groups and making life a laugh.
I did make a few new friends. I befriended a girl from a few towns over, and a girl from Europe.
My old friends however didn't approve of the girl from a few towns over, for some reason.
They called her obscene words and even filled up all of the spots at our table so she couldn't sit with us. I found this incredibly mean and rude and I let her take my spot, while I got to sit with some people I don't usually talk to.
That's only half of it.
Aside from my friends being mean to this poor girl, they're also being mean to me.
It's really annoying when I try to talk to my best friend since first grade and she's too busy with a different girl. The bus has become a horrible ride, not a paradise trip with my best friend.
Then there's my friend that gets straight A's, gets to try out for every solo at choir, gets to go to Gifted and Talented classes, and gets attention from both boys I like. She always tells me to actually TRY in gym class, truth is I do try. I never had any friends as a child, I never had someone to play sports with. My Mom didn't let me join softball. Then when I try to sit by her at lunch she goes off with her other friend(s).
Recess has become just like the bus stop, now. All my friends go off and leave me behind. They chase each other around the volleyball court trying to slap each others butts. Then I have to deal with the Straight A student that doesn't care what I'm doing, or anything only if I mention a boy's name.
Home isn't a piece of cake either, but that's a totally different story.
Watch me burn, friends. Watch me die. Watch me twist in agonizing pain, watch me fall without a hand to catch me. This is for you guys. I hope you see what loneliness feels like.

My friend just told me to bug off rudely and I couldn't help but think about all that's happened today. I'm sorry it's pathetic, but I needed some time to vent and I figured this was a way.