Perfect Day | Teen Ink

Perfect Day

By ShadowOfaGirl GOLD, St.paris, Ohio
ShadowOfaGirl GOLD, St.paris, Ohio

I would rather you hate me for all that I am then love me for something I'm not.

I lay in the soft green grass and stare up and the cloudless pale blue sky, thinking of you. I wonder if you ever think about me, or if I’m just a faint memory that you can barely recall. I miss you. I miss holding hands with you on the bus. And laughing until I cried at something you said. I miss going to bed at night and thinking about your smile, and knowing that I’d see you tomorrow. I don’t even have that now. I know that I won’t see you. All I an do is hope that you’ll magically appear beside me and take my hand.

The worst part is that you’re not really gone. You still walk the same hallways that I do. I have to see you everyday and live with you not seeing me. You don’t even notice. You don’t even care that I cried more over you than I’ve ever cried in my life. You don’t see that I’m depressed. You don’t know that I’ve written hundreds of poems about you that you’ll never see. If you did know, you wouldn’t care. To you, I was just a game. My heart didn’t matter. My feelings weren’t considered.

I wish I could have seen that you were only using me. I wish I would have known. I wish I could have walked away before I fell in love. But I can’t go back. I don’t get a redo. All I have left now is this green grass and blue sky. Even they look sad to me. To everyone else, this is the perfect day. But to me, it’s just another memory of you.