Off the Chain | Teen Ink

Off the Chain

By PuppyLove16 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
PuppyLove16 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used."

The line was huge. It seemed like everyone on planet earth wanted to ride this specific roller coaster, and I wouldn’t get on this ride until I was fifty. “Those roller coaster cars are moving awful fast, so maybe that’s a good thing” said a tiny voice in my head. I tried to act all excited though, because my sisters looked nervous, and I knew they would start to get worried if I showed even a hint of doubt. Inside though, I was way past antsy, more like praying-to-every-god-I-had-ever-heard-of. I mentally started on those Greek gods. So, I was feeling a tad more than freaked out when I finally plopped down in the roller coaster car. So there we were, chuggin’ along, when we just stopped. “Hmmm…” I thought to myself. Just then, loud rock music started blaring out of the speakers in my headrest, and a man’s voice screams “5…4…3…2…ONE!” The ride sot forward like a rocket, I mean, this thing was booking, and I just kinda sat, or rather clung, there trying to get some air into my lungs. It was really hard though, on account of all the oxygen shooting past me at a million miles per hour. The ride was a blur after that. It was so incredibly fast, it was like a cork being shot out of champagne bottle, then hitting a wall, because the roller coaster started, then stopped after you were thrown around a little at break-neck speeds. I’m telling you, it was insane. That’s why my family went on it again, and again. And again, until the workers cut off the line because the park was about to close.

This is about the "California Screamer" in California Adventure Park