The Valley of My Bliss | Teen Ink

The Valley of My Bliss

By thegoldenllama BRONZE, Cupertino, California
thegoldenllama BRONZE, Cupertino, California

猿も木から落ちる。

A mixture of exuberance and bewilderment envelops me as the panorama stands before my eyes. Towering mountains loom ominously above. Their jagged peaks stretch high into the clear, cerulean sky. Blanketing the mountains’ rocky, gray blue sides is pearl white snow, and below the mountains are jade green rolling hills and valleys, smoothly sloping up and down. Twisted, steel gray roads slither like long, ashen snakes, following the curves of the valleys and disappearing behind the hills’ tops. A lonely, crimson car rides down one of the roads as its aging engine boisterously rumbles. It slowly heads toward an immense, desolate lodging, nesting in the middle of a valley. Moss green pine trees are neatly lined behind the auburn house, and dry, nutmeg brown grass hugs the sides of the shingle style home. Cheerful laughter and cries fill the lodging with zeal. The frying of spicy food dances out of one of the rooms and onto the hills, one of which I stand on top, and playfully curls under my nose. Engrossed by the wonderful aroma from the cooking, I breathe in more deeply and find my lungs not only fill with the splendid, piquant cooking scents but also with the mountains’ fresh, sweet air and the dust from the road. At the same time, the aftertaste of my turkey sandwich from lunch becomes distinct. The flavor of the mellow cheese and the palatable, sweet turkey returns, and my mouth starts to water. The wind, whistling lightly, begins to pick up speed, caresses my cheeks and chin, and ruffles my clothes. Between my toes, the soft, olive green grass tickles me gently and sways from side to side. Suddenly, a current as cold as ice, coming from the mountains, brushes against my skin. I shiver in the chilliness and then sneeze. My sneeze explodes into a bomb, echoing across the valley and causing alarmed birds to take flight into the heavens. Immediately, I cringe at the harsh, booming noise I have made and gaze at the sky to seek warmness. As if acknowledging my silent wish, the ephemeral coldness vanishes, and the lukewarm sun quickly arrives to my rescue, bathing my body and mind in blissful warmth again.

Nothing beats the invigorating experience of being out in nature. A moment of spirituality between Mother Nature and me. :)

Happy Earth Day!

BeccyFxx BRONZE, Harrogate, Other
The descriptive lanuage in this piece is amazing. I could really see a picture of the valley. I loved the beggining sentence especially and the part where you describe the sandwich!

猿も木から落ちる。

Great! Thanks :D I will check out your pieces.

BATMANSTEALTH BRONZE, Lake Havasu, Arizona
Loved the detail!! Every word was an image in mind crisp to every detail. Great work!  The sneeze was funny.

猿も木から落ちる。

Thanks so much! :D that means alot to me, I'll check out some of you work!

In_Love_with_Writing GOLD, Easton, Pennsylvania

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Fantastic! nice job :) Can you comment on some of my work? Maybe a rating ;)

猿も木から落ちる。

Thank you, CammyS!! :D Glad you liked it, I really appreciate it. Happy Halloween!

CammyS SILVER said...
CammyS SILVER, Papillion, Nebraska

No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft.
H. G. Wells
Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

I really really enjoyed this! Great work, Llama!

猿も木から落ちる。

Muchas gracias!!!! :D I am so touched by your comment!! haha, and yes, for a Llama , I can write! :) I can't thank you enough, your comment is so heartfelt! Although I don't have any other articeles in the meanwhile...I would love to check out yours!! Thanks again, Snowflakes!  

Snowflakes SILVER, Lichfield, Other

I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. - Alice In Wonderland

W-O-W! For a Llama, you sure can write! I actually loved this! You write so beautifully that I was so encaptured by every word, that I didn't want it to end haha! 
I never thought a sneeze could sound so amazing! I just loved everything about it, it's so descriptive and magical, that I want to go there!
I think you should write a poem or a short story, because you have a lovely way at writing, and I would love to read more of you work if it is anything like this :) 

猿も木から落ちる。

Thank you! That means the world to me :)

GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

Beautiful!! I really enjoyed reading that!! :)

猿も木から落ちる。

I would love feedback!