Cat Herine | Teen Ink

Cat Herine

June 16, 2012
By LiteraryJustice PLATINUM, Alexandria, Virginia
LiteraryJustice PLATINUM, Alexandria, Virginia
45 articles 0 photos 2 comments

They’re not the friendliest of things.

I mean, sure. They’re cute and loveable and fluffy (at least, some of them are), but sometimes I wonder how you ended up with a namesake like that. Because, while you are the first two, the last is probably debatable.

No pun, intended.

But, you are a bit like a cat, I suppose.

I remember the first time we fought over something stupid, which either you’ve forgotten or have chosen to ignore.

You hissed at me and retreated into a corner, instead choosing to watch me with these large green eyes that seemed so uncharacteristic. Claws, too.

I think, I liked it better when you were just a kitty-kat.

But, I don’t know whether it’s you, or me, or the ball of yarn I used to tie us together, but we’re so different than the other types of people who were thrown into situations like us.

And I love every moment of it. I love every moment of us.

Scratching posts and bowls of milk aside, though, perhaps we should look into getting a dog.


The author's comments:
A pun on one of my best friend's names. We were lucky in the way that we became friends and have seen each other grow up from different sides of an age-fence, but all in all, she's important to me.