More Than Sisters | Teen Ink

More Than Sisters

By Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California
Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

If you speak to a man in a language he understands, it will go to his head. But if you speak to a man in his language, it will go to his heart.

We call ourselves more than sisters but you may ask us, why? How do you consider someone whom you haven't known your whole life to be something more than your family-by-blood? What is there in this world that could drive you to such a title, you may ask. You would think friendship has a limit, but it does not. Not for us, at least. So when you ask these questions in your mind because you dare not offend us, it's too late. We see the look in your eyes that say we are different. Those eyes skim over the muscles in our faces to look for a give-away that we could be joking, but instead you see the strength in our words, for we choose our words carefully and tread lightly on waters we know are dangerous. You may wonder, how do they keep straight faces while saying things that can't be so, why have they put so much faith into such a preposterous title for two young women who have not known each other before birth was conceived?

Never have I questioned such things though, for I believe that family exceeds the boundaries of blood that flows through trees and paperwork signed by juries. My family is proven by their commitment to integrity. She was there for me in an unbroken stream of faith and held me up with her bare mind to sustain my mentality while I felt like the pulsing of the Earth was going to banish me to it's ground beneath my feet. As if our planet had a mental death planned for me, like my heart was being buried in a box 50 feet below the surface. But she was there. Like the goddesses whose powers are so immense, they wipe flat all adversities of lands with a whisper of their lips and create clashes of vast waters that shake the cores of all galaxies with a twitch of their wrists. Like a powerful goddess, she quenched my thirst for peace, wiped clean my troublesome thoughts and carried me back down to reality. She mended my unhealed wounds and embraced me into her world of great influence. And I learned from her, I learned what it means to never give up, to keep pushing for things you don't know how to live without. I learned how no matter how bad verity hurts, we have to breathe it into our thoughts or we'll crumble under the Rocks of Illusory and be lost within it's depths. She's shown me that there are and have always been more branches in this Tree of Life than what I always thought before we were brought to each others worlds by sheer luck. She is, in the smallest of words, my greatest saviour.

Not only has she brought me to life, but so have I for her. Her world was a swirling mass of darkness that threatened to drag her down to Hades Underworld. His world where nothing of light and bliss can penetrate through it's thick canyons of fear and darkness. So while she fought for me, I fought to bring her back up to the heavens where we belonged. I spoke through those barriers that blocked me from her soul, using words of my past to gain the secret trust she kept hidden. And while she was afraid I'd leave, I knew in my own soul that I could never abandon that whom I swore fealty to. I held her to my pounding heartbeat to let her know for herself how much it scared me to see her in such pain, I cried those tears that mirrored hers because those heartaches of hers were linked to mine, and when her heart struck an unbearable chord, so did my own. I had to cast aside all doubts of my abilities in order to see her through her pain, I had to see past the pouting lips and ripples of blue in her eyes to see the real her underneath the struggle she fought against, and when I found it, I spoke the truest words I could think of, and I worked to find a flaw or crevice in her morbid mind, no matter how small, and I would sneak past that flaw and speak about something that could aways bring a smile to her face or a laugh from deep within her lungs. Anything to take away her pain for it killed me to see her upset. In the simplest of words, I fought for her sovereignty, and her life.

So although we still argue and we still let untrue words slip past our tongues in moments of hurt, we can never seem to run too far from each other, for we always come back to the same place and say the same thing, that this fight cannot keep us apart, that although it seems like Fate's hands are trying to pull us away, we are too closely bounded to allow that separation, so we continue to push Fate's boundaries. We break Fate's fingers with every push and we strive for our own peace. We are, in our own words, ???????????? ??? ??? ???????.

???????????? ??? ??? ??????? is Greek for More Than Sisters. Me and the girl im referring to have been best friends for 3 years, and although it's a short time, we've become too close to only call ourselves friends.

JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

lol sounds like ur talking about incest dude

rroland GOLD said...
rroland GOLD, Cazenovia, New York

We except the love we think we deserve

ya we def are sharing the hope that things will get better

Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

just keep up hope for both of you, cus someone needs hope too. o.o

rroland GOLD said...
rroland GOLD, Cazenovia, New York

We except the love we think we deserve

ya but not for me. im nervous about it. oh well, someone has to worry

Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

good :3 are things improving for her now?

rroland GOLD said...
rroland GOLD, Cazenovia, New York

We except the love we think we deserve

ya she did and has proof and brought it to the police

Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

ouch! D: I advise she blocks everyone who threatens her if she hasnt already 3:

rroland GOLD said...
rroland GOLD, Cazenovia, New York

We except the love we think we deserve

we will. And BTW she was threatened on facebook by half of our drama class AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloodprints GOLD, Bay Area, California

:3 thanks for being impressed. and i hope that whatever you two are going through brings you closer rather than apart :) stay sisters!

rroland GOLD said...
rroland GOLD, Cazenovia, New York

We except the love we think we deserve

wow thats all i can i can say is wow. i consider my Best Friend my older sister and i have only known her for 9 months. she is going through some sh.it right now that is afecting both of us wich is strengthining our relationship