The Moment | Teen Ink

The Moment

By allhallowsevekatie PLATINUM, Hampden, Massachusetts
allhallowsevekatie PLATINUM, Hampden, Massachusetts

"Believe me nothing is trivial"(The Crow)

The moment

There are things that scare everyone, getting lost in the grocery store when your five, arguing with your parents for the first time, and lots more. But eventually we grow up and start thinking scary is bloody murder, not getting lost or misplacing your favorite toy. Or maybe its loosing your keys, your credit card? We all have things that scare us, here's mine.

Reoccurring nightmares scare me, seeing things and then turning on the light, that scares me. My most scary moment was the time I was told a story, I was little Maybe 7 years old when my older cousin told me the story of The ghost behind the mirror, Bloody Mary. Before that I had never even heard of ghosts, people say there fairy tales but I swear on that night I saw her, I've been afraid of ghosts ever since. The night my cousin stayed over my house he told me to do it, to spin around looking into the mirror and say her name.
I did I saw a face I don't know if I imagined it, I bet I did but now ghost story’s tend to really creep me out. I closed my eyes thinking she was going to scratch them out and ran to the other side of the bathroom and cowered. I felt like it was hours, but I realized after it was only minutes sitting there, thinking about running out the bathroom door all the way on the other side of the room. I did not stay there till morning although I thought about it, I grew up for a second held my eyes shut and turned on the light. That story had a happy ending but ghost story’s still scare me, when I was ten I had my dad use his staple gun to close my closet for good. Its not like I'm crazy I was just a scared kid and my cousin was playing a very mean joke.... I got him back for that on April fools day when I tied his shoes together, put die in his shampoo, and rubber banded the sink sprayer so that it would hit him in the face with water when he turned it on. That is the sort of happy ending to my creepy, weird short story.

hahaha i was told to write about something creepy that happened to me for English class