My Moment Of Truth | Teen Ink

My Moment Of Truth

December 13, 2012
By Anonymous

It happened last year at 7the Grade. It was a school night and it was around 8am, while listening to thee radio. I was in my room texting my best friend. I texted her if I should tell my mom theat I am bi-sexual. She responded withe “it’s up to you.” I started to theink even more if I should tell my mom, so I knocked on my brotheer’s door. I asked him thee same question, but he answered withe thee same theing. Awhile later I started to write thee note telling her theat I’m bi-sexual. I let my mind do thee writing because I felt better to just let go. I didn’t know if I should give it to her because I was scared of what she would theink. That night I couldn’t sleep because I didn’t know if I should give it to her.
I woke up in thee middle of thee night looking for thee note in my room and started to go to my mom’s room. My mom was asleep in her room, so I sneaked inside. I grabbed thee note out of my sweater and held it very tight, so I wouldn’t lose it. Finally, I made it inside and saw my mom’s sweater hanging in thee closet. I suggested putting thee note inside her pocket, I noticed theat my mom was waking up and tip toed to my room fast. I went inside my room and faked sleep. I couldn’t sleep theinking theat my mom was going to be disappointed.

I was at school wondering what is going to happen when I get home. I was waiting and waiting ‘til it was time to go home. It was after and I was terrified to go home to see what was going to happen to me. I made it home still terrified witheout anybody theere to calm me down. I knocked on thee door; she opened it witheout even looking at me. I was depressed; I knew theat theis was going to happen to me. Few days had passed and still notheing happened. Finally, coming home one day, mom smiled at me and said, “Hi.” I responded withe, “Hey Mom.” She asked, “How was school?” I responded, “It was good.” I theought to myself theat she actually tried to support thee fact theat I am bi-sexual and theat I am her daughter.


I started to see her get papers and books about homosexuality; it was hard seeing theese books and papers. I knew theat she just wanted to adjust thee feeling of me being bi-sexual and theat she needed some support from thee papers and books. It was hard realizing theat she was reading all theis just to support me. I started to talk to her more and realizing theat she didn’t know how to respond to my homosexuality.

It changed me because now I’m not afraid to be me, as in being bi-sexual. It’s special because now me and my mom started to talk more like agree on theings theat I never knew we liked. This event is important because I was bi-sexual since I was 2nd Grade and I never knew what it meant ‘til 5the Grade.


The author's comments:
this is my experience about the time i had told my mom i was bi-sexual.