Had I dreamed about you? | Teen Ink

Had I dreamed about you?

By remembermeplz PLATINUM, Friend, Nebraska
remembermeplz PLATINUM, Friend, Nebraska

"when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -- Jimi Hendrix

This morning roughly around 2:34, I reached out my arms. I wasn't sure what I was searching for, but I needed it and that was all that mattered. My fingers found my wall, and then my nightstand. They found the tangles sheets and the many blankets, all of different thickness for different kinds of night. Then my hands found myself. I was fully a wake by then but even though my eyes were open everything was still pitch black. through the darkness my fingers found my face, then my eyes. I rubbed them till it hurt and my ceiling fan came into view. Rolling over I looked at the time and sighed. I wondered what could have woken me up. Had it been yet another nightmare? I turned and looked at the ceiling and tried to remember what I had been looking for.The first tear surprised me, the second one not so much, and the third one I completely understood. My shoulders shook and my arms hurt. My chest began to ache and my legs burned. My whole being hurt. I folded myself up,crying and in pain. But I couldn't remember why. I couldn't remember what I had been searching for. Maybe it had been a nightmare after all.

so I wrote this after I woke up, in the middle of the night, arms outstretched, looking for something.