Christmas Morning | Teen Ink

Christmas Morning

By bookworm43 BRONZE, Flemington, New Jersey
bookworm43 BRONZE, Flemington, New Jersey

“Good Night Shayne”. My mother said to me implying to go to sleep.
“Good Night Mom, Merry Christmas!” I replied. it was getting close to midnight on December 24th.

“Yo Jack I can’t wait to see what we got.” I said to my cousin. All of my cousins came down from Massachusetts to celebrate Christmas this year. There were 22 people crammed in my house like hundreds of little mice huddling in a small hole. There was no response from jack because he had already fallen asleep. The house was still with dead silence. The wind was whistling through the windows of my bedroom and you could feel the ice in the draft because it was one of those freezing winter nights.

“Shayne, wake up, wake up!” It was Christmas morning and not a kid in the world hated Christmas morning. Including my cousin Sam. He was 6 years old and he was as happy as if he had just won the lottery because Santa came. It was 6 O’clock in the morning and the sun was just beginning to beam its light throughout the house. Everybody bolted down the stairs like a wild stampede of bulls hunting down the prey.

“Yes!”

“Wahoo!” Everyone was screaming with joy when they viciously tore open their presents to find out they loved the present they got.

“Go check the milk and cookies Sam.” I yelled over all the joy and ruckus in the living room.

“Oh yeah!” He was wondering if Santa would like the rock hard hockey pucks he made all by himself. Later that day when everyone was sitting like Indians by the crackling, glowing roaring fire.

My aunt said “Where's Sam?” Only a few seconds later... CRASH! The Christmas tree had fell on Sam.

“Help..Help!” You could hear him trying to burst out yelling but the weight crushing his stomach was too much. Everyone in the house sprinted into the living room like wild animals to help save him.

“1...2...3... lift” My dad said as we all picked up the tree off Sam. Sam spouted back up to his feet like a flower growing from the ground in the early spring.

“Are you okay?” My aunt said with as she was comforting him.

“Yes mom, I'm fine” He said with a smirk on his face. We were all stunned and amazed he was laughing because his stomach got crushed like an innocent ant.

“Why are you laughing?”
“Well it took 21 people to pick an 80 pound tree.” We all started laughing because he was right. Despite the craziness it was a great Christmas because we all laughed and enjoyed the time we had together just like on of those corny hallmark movies.