Dear Daddy | Teen Ink

Dear Daddy

February 15, 2013
By Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other
Just-Another-Girl GOLD, Keighley, Other
17 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
- "A coward may survive...but a hero..a hero lives on in the hearts of the people he saved"

- "Words don't have the power to hurt people, unless the person who said it means a lot"

-
You say that love is nonsense. I tell you it is no such thing._


Daddy, I miss you. I want you back with me. I don't like mummy' s new boyfriend. He isn't kind like you, he doesn't tuck me in at night, deep into my covers and kiss me on my head. He doesn't sit and read with me like you would, stories from your childhood. He doesn't have those wars we would have, the ones were you said I love you and I said I love you more but you would always say you love me more. But I think I love you more daddy. Because I didn't leave you, but you left me. You left me with a man who is replacing you. Mama took down your wedding photos after you left. And sometimes it feels like your dead... she wishes you were dead. We moved house last week, I have a new bedroom but it's just plain white. I know you would have let me paint it, but he won't. I left my dolls house at the other house. The one you made for me, it wouldn't fit in the car. I miss you daddy. When can I see you again. Mama says never. She says you don't love me... You do love me right daddy? You wasn't lying were you?