Laser Quest Expedition | Teen Ink

Laser Quest Expedition

By Racquelle BRONZE, Salida, California
Racquelle BRONZE, Salida, California

Surround yourself with people who are for you not against you. it's not about the quantity of friends, it's about the quality of your friends... -Unknown

As I sat in the rock hard desk, searching through my brain for any answer possible on my history exam, I began to ponder on what I may do on my Christmas vacation. “It will probably be lame and boring like usual”, I thought to myself. With only five measly minutes of class time left, my brain began to surge as much information as possible, so I could just get out of the classroom and get to my break that I had been longing for. As the bell rang I finished my long answer question as quickly as possible, turned in my paper, and ran to freedom. “It’s here, it’s finally here!!” I thought in excitement, “I can relax for two whole weeks!” The last day of school just so happened to be my sister, Vanessa’s, birthday and she decided to go to Pizza and Laser Quest, a great place to go for amazing fun and enjoyment.

My mom had already brought my sister and her little friends to Round Table for an extremely delicious lunch. My Grandma came and picked me up a few minutes later. As I walked into Round Table, my yearning for food had developed a little more because the aroma of melted cheese and juicy sausage and pepperoni roamed in the air. As our pizza arrived I could hardly wait to bite into the fresh and hot pizza. Once we had our fill of pizza we made our way to Laser Quest.

Once we arrived at Laser Quest the steps of preparation of the game began. The first thing I had to do was pick a name. Many names had spun through my mind but all were too ordinary. So in the end I chose to be Rocky, the reason of this was that I needed a name nobody else would think of yet it still applied to me. My middle name is Racquelle and a little nick name/ shorter version of that would of course be Rocky. Now that my name had been chosen I was ready to “rock” and roll. This was it in just a few minutes I would be in the arena fighting for the title of being a winner. As the Marshal commanded us to repeat the ignored rules of the arena I observed the room of unintimidating children. “This will be a synch” I reassured myself… “Oh but wait, who are they?!?”. Of course just as I thought things were going great, two guys who seemed to be in high school walked into the room. “I’m done, it’s no use, how could I ever win with two guys who may be amazing at laser tag?!?” I thought to myself as we began to enter the gearing-up area. I slipped on the flashy vest and activated my laser gun, anticipating the results of this game that will begin in any second.

The Marshal opened the door and then she said “go in.” With all of my sister’s friends around and other little children along with them, it was hard to get into the arena as quickly as I needed to because I knew exactly where I was going. As I entered through the large and gloomy doors I sped my pace up to a jog and made sharp turns through the obstacle of walls. Veering to the left through the insanely dark and foggy arena, I saw it, the ramp to my tower! Seeing that I was almost there my pace went from a steady jog into a sprint of exhilarating mixes of adrenaline and excitement. “There it is! My corner!”, now it was time to get my game on. This was a premium spot to have if I were to win. In this spot I could see where everyone/everything was and I still had protection. This spot was in a tower, a place that was one level above the ground. With a floor that I could shoot through and two little walls that came together. These helped hide me very well.
This game is mine to win!! Everything was going great, I was shooting/tagging everyone I saw yet they did not see where I was, it was awesome! But there were two guys I had not encountered up to that point, so I thought they would not find me. I was dead wrong. As I had my back turned shooting/tagging the kids on the ground level, I felt a tickling vibration and a loud beeping noise. “What just happened I can’t shoot anymore!” I exclaimed to myself. I quickly turned around to find nobody even there. “What in the world is going on?” I then heard running from the ground level underneath me, I grinned a little mischievous grin and shot their vest and enjoyed their confused and irritated reaction, but my enjoyment did not last very long. My vest vibrated and beeped again! This time I did not hesitate to turn, and who did I see snickering at my frustration? Those boys! They found me and repeatedly shot at my vest once I saw them! My vest would vibrate, beep, then come alive again and they would shoot my vest again and the process was a continual loop! “What am I going to do?” I asked myself quickly. Before I could think anymore I did the first thing my body told me to do…. I charged at them with a menacing expression and roared “Find your own territory or you will regret it!” Obviously they did not take this threat seriously because they thought I was just a teenage girl with empty threats. Oh boy were they in for it, as they began to shoot at me more I ran at them, covered my sensors, and I then proceeded to shoot at their sensors, I was winning! One of them cried out “Hey you’re cheating! That’s not very nice!” They ran off because I was not submissive to their attacks and I defended my territory! This was great, but I was now upset that I may not have the rank of first place because of this spontaneous attack. My vest started beeping, no vibration though, this was the sign that the game had ended.
“Oh boy, how did I do? Did I beat those irritating boys, and if so I wonder how Vanessa and her friends did?” This was it, the moment of truth. I put my vest and gun away in its proper place then proceeded to walk out the door. The scores were up on the T.V screen…1...2...3! Rocky is first place with 857 points! I beat those guys by at least 200 points! “Shows them right” I said to myself with self-satisfaction and pleasure. The game had been won by me; this goes to show that girl power “Rocks”. Well my vacation started out with a blast! This made me think “Who knows maybe my vacation will be super awesome after all!”