midnight fun | Teen Ink

midnight fun

By kylerhen BRONZE, Jonestown, Pennsylvania
kylerhen BRONZE, Jonestown, Pennsylvania

The night was dark and cold. When you look up at the sky you couldn’t see the moon but the stars were out. There was a little frost on the ground and the ground was frozen. There were 4 of us when we went out.

Every weekend me and my friends would go out and ding dong ditch this guy. It was funny because he could never find us so we didn’t have to worry about anything. My friend Anthony has never played before so we decided to go out and play.

We walked up to a gas station like we do every night. We always get drinks and snacks stay there for about an hour or two then leave. Now it was about 2a.m. in the morning so we headed out. It was a little chilly since we were inside and now the wind was blowing.

So we seen a car pass us and I started jumping up and down: “that’s him! That’s him!” I just started laughing and said this will be fun. We got to his driveway and none of my friends wanted to. I kept saying lets just do it we are here so let’s go. Anthony was to scared to he waited at the top of the hill and the rest of us just did it anyway.

I walked up to the door and smelled something. It had a weird smell to it so I asked my friend James if he smelled it to. He said “yeah dude I smell it I think it’s a cigar.” The started to get feet and I said screw this and we all knocked on his door anyway.

He came around the corner wearing all black and he did have a cigar. He said “what the fu** are you kids doing! I yelled “RUN”!! We all ran up the hill. The bad thing was that I am a slow runner so he was tailing me pretty good. I looked back and he was about to grab my hood but the the greatest thing happened is he tripped! I stopped running and looked at him and just laughed at him and I mean I lost it.

When he was getting back up I took off again and met up with my friends. Since we cut through the corn field it didn’t take us long to get home. The worst thing happened when I looked back and seen a car driving real slowly. I thought it was him because he even had a spot light. Then he got outta his car and looked right at us! It made chills go down my back and we just booked it!

He chased us so far we had to hide. Me and Anthony hid in some random persons garage for like an hour. I texted James and kayjey to meet me at my house, we got back at my house around 6:45 and just played Xbox. The funniest thing was later that day a cop came to my door and asked what we did all night.

fun times with my friends:)