Telling Him | Teen Ink

Telling Him

By Alex_Murphy BRONZE, Chiba, Other
Alex_Murphy BRONZE, Chiba, Other

When it comes to love, don't choose the better person.
Choose the one that will make YOU the better person.

This is the perfect time to tell him. We’re alone. Nobody is around us. This is my chance. But my mouth won’t open. He’s standing right in front of me. I want to tell him, or at this case ask him. But I can’t. Embarrassment and fear that he might laugh and make fun of me. I knew in my head that he wouldn’t. But the idea already came up.

I stared into his amber eyes, trying to tell him with my eyes. But no. he wants me to say it. I know that. I just can’t do it. I’m breathing. Taking deep, deep breaths. I really want to ask him. Why can’t I? He’s probably waiting for me to ask him.

“You have something you want to say to me, don’t you?” he asks. Bingo. Why does he always know? No matter how much I try to hide it, he always know. I can’t fool him.

I nodded my head, looking into his amber eyes again. What I wanted to say was easy. I just had to be bold and straight forward about it. I kept on staring at him.

“What is it?” he asked. He impatient now. I should just do it now. Get it over with. Be bold me.

I took step closer to him. Put my hands on his shoulder. I leaned forward. I’m almost there…Couldn’t do it. I’m so pathetic. I put my head on his chest. I can’t even do what I want to my boyfriend. I hate myself. If I don’t, I’m just going to regret it after. I always do.

He looked at me. He seemed a bit sad at first but he just smiled. He looked into my eyes…I looked into his…he grabbed my neck…my heart was pounding…he pulled me close and then kissed me gently on the lips. Why did he know? Why did he know I wanted to kiss him? But none of that mattered anymore. So I just kissed him back.

When the kiss was over, he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back holding him in my arms. I can still his arms around my waist. I feel so safe. I think he’s such an amazing boyfriend. But I also think that I should be able to do it myself. I should try for him. Because I really like him.

alivia dixon said...
alivia dixon, Phoenix, Arizona
it was really good!  

MayaInk BRONZE said...
MayaInk BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." Ernest Hemingway

This is so cute! I loved reading this story, completely engaging!