I Am | Teen Ink

I Am

By brr97 SILVER, Pontiac, Illinois
brr97 SILVER, Pontiac, Illinois

Life is like a library owned by the author.
In it are a few books which he wrote himself,
but most of them were written for him.
Harry Emerson Fosdick

I am:

A Psychopath
Sometimes I blow up on people who don’t deserve it. Family loved ones, strangers, our 95-year-old neighbor; they have a name and I probably have used profanity towards them at one point or another. The real kicker is, however, they all deserve it.

A hopeless romantic
At sixteen I still think a man exists out there that is absolutely perfect in all ways and that gets me inside and out. That’s why they call it hopeless I guess. Ryan Gosling if you are reading this, please call me.

Confused
Everyone is out there trying to tell me how I should act, where I should go, who I should be. Then they introduce themselves.

Boring
My Idea of a friday night is watching cheesy black and whites with my cats. Suprinsgly I dont have a date to prom yet. I am still holding out for Ryan.

Selfish
I like being the center of attention. I guess that is why I am writing this about myself and not my great Aunt Merna.

Stuck
I live in a town of 33 people. My closest neighbors are a mile away. Neighborhood parties are fun.

Not Intelligent.
I take on things that I know will drive me crazy. Yet I still do them any way.

Grounded
That is why I am writing this.

Scared

I have no idea what my future looks like. It is so undecided.

Lazy

I want to be a writer. This is the first time in a year that I have written something. I am going to be a great writer.

Alone

I feel like no one gets what I am going through. It will all be okay they say, but they don’t live it.

Me

Perfect.

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”