The Creation of Your Imagination | Teen Ink

The Creation of Your Imagination

December 17, 2013
By sammiebug63 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
sammiebug63 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I’ve never been popular my whole life. I think there must be something inside of me people don’t like. I’ve always read about what it would be like when your life changes. I’ve always wondered what it be like when you have to choose between two most important people in life. Even wondered about how things would look like when you meet someone who makes you doubt yourself, but that same person gives you hope to leave you hopeless in the end. I’ve always wondered what I would do if any of this happen to me. But never did I ever think it’d be possible to happen.

Sitting on the soft grass my eyes remain closed. I can hear the wind blow. I open my eyes and reach for my notebook and pen, I began to write. I start writing about my dreams and hopes I began to achieve later in life. I’ve pondered many times, reading my own work back and wondering what works best. Writing is a freedom not to be taken lightly. The pen is an extension of ourselves, our imagination, the very essence of who we are, what we want to say. Writing is an open mind that only you can tell on paper. Building a wall around you to block you and the people around you out. We sit with pen in hand paper waiting, hoping desperately that the words come to you. When they don’t we mourn at the emptiness inside the feeling loss, the fear of the words leaving forever.

It’s not what happens to us in our lives that make us turn into writers; its our imagination, the creativity in our minds to make a story happen. Our minds make creates everything to make our stories come true and alive. Nothing is more exciting than the promise of a story in my head. But in order to make it on my page I have to figure out exactly what I need to make my story successful. I never underestimate the power of suspense that I have against my own story.

Words are power. Words are tools. Words can make or break. Whether you build it yourself or hire a designer your story can do more than bring you into the 21st century. Words can be powerful, strong, and meaningful. But you’re the only one who can make your words mean something. Without words you wouldn’t be able to write. You have all these emotions and ideas stuck in your head, we create these ideas with the words and the paper we see.

Stories come alive and meaningful to you and the people who read it. Those ideas you have stuck in your head create stories that you have never thought people would love. Words come to life as my imagination runs wild exploring the infinite possibilities and dreams. Phrases and ideas become masterpieces in black and white as I dip my brush onto the palette of my heart. I grow stronger with each word I write; mental aerobics, at time breathless from the workout stimulating. May we all run the races as we grow to accomplish our own unique masterpiece of prose?

Through the living word; through our words, we can leave traces of our journey, of our time, of our beliefs, of our culture, of our loves, of our losses, of our joys, of our heartaches, of our truths. For young people like us to read our creations we created. Let them understand writing isn’t something we make up. It’s something we created from our minds. Let people understand the real you in the stories you create today. Writing is a passion; writing is something that you create with just a notebook with pen in hand.


The author's comments:
It was an assignment about writing about writing. I just wrote how i actually felt about writing and how much I really enjoyed it. Writing really inspired me to write more. It's everything I love to do