Only Music | Teen Ink

Only Music

By Rose_13 PLATINUM, Farmington, New Mexico
Rose_13 PLATINUM, Farmington, New Mexico

If you try and teach a fish to climb a tree, it will live it's life forever thinking that it is dumb. ~Albert Einstein

When your life feels like-well, feels like mine does, then most of the time, you don't know what to do.

The awkwardness of the silence that you feel like you've created when you're with your peers can sometimes be too much to bear. For avoiding further incidents such as this: put your headphones in.

Feel the music course through you, creating new colors in your head. New thoughts and ideas wake up, long forgotten, heaving newly found breaths. Inhale.... HALT. Exhale. Breathe. Do you ever feel like you could fly, and just forget everything? The high you feel that doesn't have anything to do with drugs? The soul, the feelings you get. You can see the light again. You can feel, you can see, you can hear, but only when you want to. It's more than that, though. You can be you, you can be at peace with yourself for more than two seconds, you can forget that awkwardness that you had, you can finally give it to someone else. You are carefree.

The hurt you feel at the laughs that people always do when you say something stupid feels like someone is taking a needle and sticking it in your heart repeatedly. It hurts. For avoiding further incidents such as this: Put your headphones in.

And you can finally....be happy again.
Inhale....HALT. Exhale. Breathe.

When your heart gets ripped out viciously by your crush, and it seems that you might just die, there is no hope. In that moment, you are nothing. I think you know what to do by now. Put your headphones in.

No matter how much pain you're in,
music will take you away,
to a world of your own,
a world scarcely known.
Where everyone loves you,
and you can't feel the hate,
Feel free to live,
For the first time in your life.

I guess what I'm saying would basically be, that the thing that makes me me most and can take me out of my misery would be:
My dream guy? WRONG
A teddy bear? WRONG
Crying? WRONG
No, no, no.

Only Music.