Your Way of Writing | Teen Ink

Your Way of Writing

By PrinceLion GOLD, Oxnard, California
PrinceLion GOLD, Oxnard, California

"When you find a diamond, try to break it." ~ Prince

Writing is a natural right, yet it is also a privilege. I view writing and the ability to do so as a task within an individual; in which that individual alone seeks what it actually means, personally. I can derive many personal ideas and feelings about writing; simply that writing allows me to connect with a talent that God has given me. I alone do not write what I write, for the Lord guides me in my words even for the most insignificant piece. Though I do hold a personal desire in the comfort of writing, the stance in which I could never find myself averse to the act of writing. The skill compels me to think otherwise, that a mind cannot think unless it is given the ability to think, and a hand cannot write unless it is driven by the mind to do so. Thus, there is always a greater prominent; that is, God enables me to think, which enable me to write.

A writer’s mind is like a troupe, it travels high and low until it reaches its resting point. Though controllable in all of its attributes. When a writer thinks about what to write, he searches his environment to fulfill the empty space of an idea. Let us say that a certain writer notices a crone; her image alone may provide him with flowing rivers of untraceable thoughts that can only be expressed through the many paths of the forest within him.

I write for the solemn pleasure pleasure of achieving a tranquility that abides within my own skill. The more I think of the act of writing, or creating something out of what may have been nothing, I can never enslave my mind to believe that such a skill was achieved or discovered through man alone. As it is something that has been granted by divine authority. I never saw my writing as a bode to the immensity of Gods’ plan; though I do think that as I write, I tribute to the well being of many individuals, if it is He who allows them to understand me. I find my propinquity to writing rather close and entrusting; while developing a coping mind that is not easily deprived by the aggravation of a blank thought, I remain patient for anything that I will write. It is truly an immaculate privilege; that is why we must care for it, as it is a perishable skill.

An English assignment. Though for me, it's much more than just an assignment.