Bad Habit | Teen Ink

Bad Habit

April 28, 2014
By Anonymous

Dear Bad Habit,
ITS NOT YOU, ITS ME. You know who you are and i can not take it any more . I refuse to speak of you but I need you to know how you are ruining my life. Everything I do I get this feeling that I need you. But not anymore; I'm moving on to my new habit which will impact my life more positively. You are out of my life, thrown in the dungeon, bye bye birdy. Once I let you go I know it’s going to be hard to let go of each other but its that time. I have to live without you. Stay back is all i want you to do. Don't come anywhere else near me! If I could kill you I would.
The influence you have on me leaves me at a negative rest. When I wake up til I lay my head to sleep I WANT you and it’s going to change starting TODAY. Exit my life and please leave with the goodness you claim to have been giving me. Too many years of accepting the dangerous impact of the relief and breath has been wasted. I should've known how dangerous and deadly you were before I started and I will end you. I should’ve paid attention to the signs before I even started you. Not only have I fallen into your trap, but so have plenty of my loved ones. I’m ending the cycle and theres no one else that can stop me. Not even your big buddies, who we all know are so much worst than you are. So I’m stopping here before everything gets out of control.
Time to turn my life back onto the right path. Smoking was never my friend and it’s over. You are out of my life and I’m going to live so much better. I am strong and I’m going to make in in life without you in my lungs. Thanks for all that I THOUGHT you’ve done for me. Say hello to my new habit, FOOD. Food will be here for me and will not be so big of a bad impact on me. We’re happy together, so this is my goodbye.