Holding Her Close to Me | Teen Ink

Holding Her Close to Me

“I’m OK.” She got tired of saying it. “I’m OK.” I knew she did.

“I’m fine.”

“Everything’s good.” Her smile would stretch wide across her face but I knew better. Her smile is a fake, a sham. Spreading across her face like paint; spilling and tipping until it cracked and chipped and eventually rusted.

“I’m… fine.” Her eyes were so- so tired, sinking into her face. Her long dark hair is so long and bleak. Her shoulders are slumped, and her porcelain skin was cracking right before my very eyes. She was about to shatter.

I take a step forward and wrap my arms around her frail shoulders. She’s skin and bones so I know she’s not been eating. “You’re not OK.” I whisper against her hair that smell’s like strawberry’s and rasberry’s fused together.

I can feel her exhale against my body, melting into me.

“I know you’re not. You can’t hide if from me.” I can feel her shoulders start to shake in my arms and feel her hot breath at my shoulder. She’s crying silently, worse than any scream of agony ever heard. I can feel her pain seep into my very pores, spilling into my soul. I wrap my hand around the back of her head and hold her body to mine, taking her in.

“You can’t hide it.” I say again. “You never could.” My voice falter’s and I close my eyes and press my cheek into her silken hair. “Shhh.” I can feel her hands claw at my back, her nails biting into my skin. I press closer until I knew that no space was between us, that we had become one whole. A single person. I wrap my arms around her, tighter.

HedaBecca SILVER, Westfield, Indiana

"Love is weakness. Weakness is death. The dead are gone. The living are hungry. Feed them our fears and watch as they choke." - Tumblr

Very well-written and captured the moment, though fiction, very well (: I have a similar writing(Same topic) that you may want to check out. It's in my works as The Ultimate Promise, if you wish to check it out. Again, keep writing!

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

That's amazing! I love the emotion. Can u check out my poem? TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/672369/Why-is-Why-So-Hard-to-Answer/?