Where Do I Stand? | Teen Ink

Where Do I Stand?

May 15, 2014
By BrIanna.O BRONZE, Deming, New Mexico
BrIanna.O BRONZE, Deming, New Mexico
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If nobody comes from the future to stop you, how bad of an idea can it be?"


In high school, everyone goes through a change. Nobody is the same person they once were in middle school, elementary, even preschool. There's always this feeling that comes to a teens mind. "Where do I stand?"

***

High school can be the best time of your life or it can be the worst. It all depends on where you stand. Everyone wants to be include, to fit in. Most don't ever make it and give up. In high school, everyone is classified. No matter who you are, you have a group, a name, a tag. All roaming from band geek, Marachi, Jock, cheerleader, prep, nerd, misfits, wannabes, and most of all, popular.

Everyone gets judged. Nobody is different. We're all flawed. But during high school, you're known for everything you do. Every one of your actions, places you into a certain group, a category. Once the choice is made, you can embrace it or try to change it. Ignore what people tend to believe, or let it bring you down.

Just think, think about where you will be ten years from now. Think of what you're about to do, say. You're actions affect you. Don't bully that kid, think of how they could play a major role in your life. Don't try to fit in, think of the lies you'll have to live with the rest of your life. Don't do illegal things, how will it affect you later in the future?

High school is the year to have fun, make more friends, decide on your career. What you will do in the near future. Not where you stand. Do you think, a year from now when you're applying for a job, your boss will care whether or not you were popular? Do you think that just because of where you once stood in high school, as a loser or as one of the popular, it'll always be that way? Sorry to crush your dreams, but that's not the truth.

it doesn't matter where you stand. Don't ever ask yourself that. Don't judge yourself or change just to stand in a certain group. Be who you want to be. Do what you want, as long as it feels right to you. Don't judge someone because of where they stand as a teen in high school.
Where you stand shouldn't be something you ask yourself. How you want your high school experience to be is the question. Embrace your true self. Be who you want to be. Don't follow others. Don't be something that you're not. Everyone is perfect in their own way. Whether or not your the best band player, the best cheerleader, the quickest runner or smartest student, you can all get along, without asking yourself; "Where do I stand?"


The author's comments:
Don't judge anyone. No matter who you are. It isn't nice. Think of how you would feel if it was you.