A Big Decision | Teen Ink

A Big Decision

By JohnnyM BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
JohnnyM BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

“Beep, beep, beep”, my alarm clock went off and my heart started pumping with excitement, but I still had to wait until 8pm to hit the road.

After waiting and waiting for hours we started to pack the car with our things and food. Later my Dad starts to yell, ”It's time for us to leave.”

Finally 19 hours of non-stop driving we finally arrived at my cousin’s  house in California and we wanted to sneak in and scare them. So when we got to the front porch we saw that the window was open so my Brother and I climbed into it. We went really carefully and quietly up the stairs, their bedroom door was wide open so we came up behind them and – BOO!!! We hug after we scared them and they were so excited to see us that their faces turned pale with shock.

We spent all of our 2 day vacation with them having fun. Once they packed all their belongings we waited until 4pm this time, then they started to worry “What if they didn’t want to go?” So then they decided that everything was already packed and they were going.

After they said their “Goodbye’s” we went on our journey back. We had seen a sign that said “Now leaving California” they sighed saying “I am going to miss this place” and later on we read another sign that read “Now entering Texas” and then they said, “We can’t wait to arrive.” mostly because we were uncomfortable and tired. Finally they had settled in and started to go to school.