my bike accident | Teen Ink

my bike accident

October 9, 2014
By courtney112397 BRONZE, LeRoy, Michigan
courtney112397 BRONZE, LeRoy, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A regular summer day, warm and sunny when I learned how to ride a bike. I was nine years old and I wasn't very good yet but in my case, I just got my training wheels taken off so i was pretty rusty!

My sister and I were riding our bikes in the front yard and I looked over and she could ride her bike with no hands and I thought it was really cool so I tried it. I fell off and it looked a lot worse than it felt. My purple, flowery helmet was twisted to the side of my head, my pink bike was on top of me and when I fell off my bike i smashed my face against the ground so I was all dirty. From my view point it looked like id just stumbled to the ground and it really wasn't really a big deal, but it looked like id just got beaten up by my big brother or something. I use to be a huge drama queen so of course I over-reacted and played it out as much as I could from what looked like a painful accident. To make it look worse than it was I started screaming and crying waiting for someone to come to my rescue, tho nobody did, which of course made me feel sad and surprised that they acted like I was okay not knowing what just happend. Maybe they decided not to help me because i was always so dramatic. Even tho nobody came I continued to crying for a good 30 minutes. Then fell asleep on the ground because crying is pretty tiring when you're a little kid. I was asleep for about 30 minutes before anyone had noticed. My sister was still riding her bike and i could hear her coming closer and closer. Then suddenly i felt this huge pain come over me. I immediately started screaming and crying from the pain of her riding her bicycle across my arm. I looked up and seen my sister staring back, laughing at  me as I screamed from what felt like a broken arm.

    “Don’t be such a brat!” She yelled back to me as I was trying to get on my feet to chase her down. “Im telling mom!” I said as she was riding away from me. But after she heard what I had said she decided to come after me again. I ran as fast as my dramatic self could take me and just before she could hit me with her bike again I was safely thru the door.
Now, this time I was really hurt but I didn’t expect anyone to help me considering my first episode was only an hour prior to this one, so I just went to my room and pouted in peace for the rest of the day. This made me understand that I needed to grow up and stop treating an okay situation like a terrible one and that being overly dramatic isn't a good way to handle any situation because its immature and annoying.