4th of July Parade in Stone Bank | Teen Ink

4th of July Parade in Stone Bank

April 24, 2015
By Colin McBride BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Colin McBride BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For over 60 years, the Stone Bank 4th of July Parade has been presenting a true treasure. This parade dates back to the 1950’s when a group of people supported our nation’s independence from Great Britain.


For many, going to this parade going through the heart of downtown Stone bank at 10 a.m. is a family tradition. My family gets up at the crack of dawn for the spot right in front of Dottie’s. With my mother and aunts saving enough space for all of our friends and family. Going there is not only about celebrating the holiday, but it is also about laughing and bonding with the family. This is something that not is always able to be seen in Waukesha County.


Going to this parade has not only instilled in me what is like to be an American, but it also taught me what it is like to be apart a strong knit community. Whether it the thanking the armed forces or everyone knowing who each person is at the parade in some fashion.


The community makes this event a lively and wonderful parade to be a part of--making it truly a must-see of Waukesha County, with seeing all the families , firefighters and military veterans it truly is a treasure.
The 4th of July parade in Stone Bank is truly a Waukesha County treasure.