Blame the Bully | Teen Ink

Blame the Bully

By VM709 DIAMOND, Ormond Beach, Florida
VM709 DIAMOND, Ormond Beach, Florida

" I will never be what you want from me "

Ive been meaning to write this article for awhile but I had never been able to work up the courage to share it. I havent had an easy time and the truth is I never will. The world is always going to be against me but in some ways more than others.

When  I was just 5 years old I layed eyes on him.He was the first person I met in my kindergarden glass and I fell instantly in love with him. He had black hair and brown eyes. He was tall for his age , and slim to . He had one gold tooth in the side of his mouth and a bald spot on the back of his head. I remember a year later in first grade I was talking to him at the bookshelf once and he said he hated fish  . I remember thinking I should hate fish to snce he was the perfect creation so after that I didnt eat fish for ten years. I had his birthday memorized. I remeber on his birthday in second grade I drew him a picture of him as a mermaid. I handed it to him and he said thats nice and handed it back. I remember breaking down into tears and so he took it and put it in his backpack. He threw it away when he got home. He was the boy every girl had a crush on. In fifth grade I remember grading his paper. He was a straight A student but he'd failed that test. I changed his awnsers for him and just as I was going o ask him to the fifth grade dance I realized Lizzie already had. I went to the dance alone that year.

Middle school started the next year. I met new friends and everything was going okay besides a few not so severe bullying instances.But than I got paired with him in a group reading project. Suddenly everything changed . He was acting like we had never known each other at all. So thats when I told him. I told him about my crush. Suddenly everything changed. Suddenly I wasnt a friend but I was this monster he had to get rid of. Summer came and went and 7th grade came.The bullying got worse. There was a day when I read my poem in class and he mocked me for it to a point I got up to go cry in the bathroom but he followed me reading my poem till I got out the door. There was another day in physical education when we were playing a game like basketball but with multiple balls and I got hit 12 times and the coach pulled me out and asked if anyone was purpesfully hitting me and I lied and said no coach. There was another day when we had picked teams for softball and he had named his team The Vickys and after a friend complained for me he changed it to the Chipmunks and told me it was after me still because I was shaped like  chipmunk.Than there was my 13th birthday . He chocked me in the pe field. The way to 4th period he would snap my bra and push me into the metal fencing. He would come and sit with me and my friends at lunch and spend the time picking on me. everything was awful but than summer came. Eigth grade came and everyhing toned down. I fell back in love with him but little did I know he was just bullying me in private. Checking his facebook feed a year later Ifound all the mean comments. And than theres was one day that ruined my life. MArch 15th 2013 nothing matters but that day because it.. he ruined my life.

Bullying isnt a joke. Stand up for yourself I guess is the point I'm trying to make. I sure wish I had.

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
This is a very moving story and personal experience to have had. I was drawn in by your style of writing and could see everything in full color, as if I were looking at a painting. This was amazing!