Delphina | Teen Ink

Delphina

By LadyAthenaFae SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma
LadyAthenaFae SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma

We call her Froggy. She doesn’t know that of course, but my husband and I love that nickname. We call her that because she is around fifty and a smoker and she has a deep froggy voice. We don’t call her that to be mean, it is just what we came to know her has. She likes to be called kay. She looks kind of like a bulldog with her body type and she is Native American. She has glasses and f***ed up teeth but her smile fills you with joy. Her eyes overflow with kindness and understanding. Delphina, she smiles with her eyes. She has a beautiful name too, I wish she liked it. Her hair looks soft and thin, like silk. Her laugh is throaty and makes you giggle. She is always there to lend a helping hand. She gives when she has nothing to give. She likes to sit around and be lazy, but she is the most dependable and loyal person I have ever met other than Brandon, my darling husband. I hope she knows, Grandma Kay, that we all love her very much. I hope she always has a very big place in our lives and our child’s life. I know for a fact she will always have a place in our hearts.