Crushes | Teen Ink

Crushes

By Love,Priya SILVER, London, Wisconsin
Love,Priya SILVER, London, Wisconsin

“Life is funny isn’t it? Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, just when you finally begin to plan something, get excited about something, and feel like you know what direction you’re heading in, the paths change, the signs change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south, and east is west, and you’re lost. It is so easy to lose your way, to lose direction.”

So I have a crush, a big bad one that won’t go away. It’s bad because for one he has no idea who I am, I’ve never met him but I followed him on instagram he followed back then he unfollowed me. Weird right? You would think I would unfollow him back and be done with it but no I’m one of these people who find it so hard to let go. You would think I could because I barely know the guy but there’s this pic of him shirtless and d*** those abs. I’m not even an abs kinda person maybe it’s an excuse for not letting him go. Maybe because it’s been so long since I’ve had a serious crush (can I even call this serious? I haven’t even talked to the guy). The problem is my creative mind because well now I’ve imagined him as this cute guy with an awesome personality who wants a dog with 3 or 2 kids surprisingly similar to me. For all I could know he could be a total d***** and maybe avoiding ever talking to him is part of the reason I want him to be like in my mind.

Also because I don’t have the b**** to pop up to him first, I mean as a shy, quiet girl who rarely talks about her feelings you would think I would easily be able to confidently go up to him and be like hey. Not to mention he’s way out of my league. For one he’s friends with the popular girls at my school, it’s not like I don’t get on with them it’s just we’re in different crowds. They’re the type of people who have that type of confidence who don’t get the idea of being shy and quiet I would know they’ve asked why I’m so quiet with such confusion, it’s like they’ve seen a maths question so hard it looks like it’s in a different language. That annoys me slightly because they go on about everyone being different and accepting them for who they are yet they don’t like everyone’s different and I try not to let differences change the way I treat them.

Another thing is I try not to let other people’s opinion of someone treat the person differently because I don’t know them personally they could be completely different to how someone else described them. I did write “try” though because I’ll put my hands up and admit I have judged people before meeting them , I mean don’t we all but mostly when the person has done something bad or hurt my friends I immediately take a disliking to them. Of course I don’t always have a valid reason I might just be a little uneasy if I heard them do something weird or even weirder. Of course the “popular” people don’t really need a reason they have friends and all but to be honest I don’t wish to be like them maybe sometimes I do but not always because I’m too lazy to be that social honestly effort!

Two I like who I am and it’s about time we all started loving ourselves even if we have our down sides. So if he asked them who I was they wouldn’t be the best views on me for sure i except the word weird to definitely come up. The bright side to the “popular” people is that they aren’t going to be popular forever if you’ve read Mindy Kaling’s book you realize the popular people rarely make it in life. Take Mindy for example she had rude comments made by her crush in high school and now look at her a famous actress and comedian loved by all (well at least me if you guys ain’t a fan). The thing is look at the celebrities out there ,sure perhaps a few were popular at school but you hear some of them go on about being the quiet, nerdy ones in class and it does give me hope not going to lie, it should give you guys hope to if you aren’t the most liked in school.

Not that there’s anything wrong with being popular at school if you are that’s cool. I guess for me it just annoys me at what they get like I would love for my crush to even talk to me and they be over there having relationship problems. Its jealousy a bit and I guess if I went out more and was more social, I could be on a higher hiatus but that’s not me. Also I’m certainly not going through all that work for a guy come on how many times I’m lazy as h***. But I’m still not going to unfollow my crush on instagram because he’s on private and I wouldn’t be able to see his posts when I probably would creep on him again, I have faith maybe a little too much but I’m never going to give up on faith either, yeah I’m one of those people. So I guess from this articleI hope you got that if I believe in you I’ll never give up on you because I’ll always have that faith in you and that’s something I can never let go of.