Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

By JaydeRose BRONZE, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
JaydeRose BRONZE, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

"There is no friend as loyal as a book." -Ernest Hemingway

Have you ever had a close friend who you told all your secrets to and they turned on you? What about a friend you see only at school and barely know?

The word friend is used too loosely these days. I am going to be truthful to you and say, I have all types of friends. I have friends I would risk my life for. I have friends that don’t even know my favorite color (It’s blue in case you were wondering). There are friends that I would tell everything to and friends I wouldn’t tell any of my secrets to. And sometimes you can’t tell any of friends your secrets.

Friends are supposed to be the people you go to when you’re down. The people who help you through this life. The People who care about you and not what you look like

.
Recently I got myself in a deep hole. I didn’t tell any of my friends. I just let the emotions boil up and BOOM!

The reason I told you this is because you should always have at least one friend you can lean against during your dark times. Don’t let yourself explode. I have great friends but sometimes we are just too close or they put off a bad feeling for me. Find someone who will listen and won’t judge you.

So choose wisely when it comes to the word “Friends”.