Bitten: A Night of Terror | Teen Ink

Bitten: A Night of Terror

November 9, 2016
By Saxophonist BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Saxophonist BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It all started when my friend, Rithvik, was at my house because his parents needed time to “figure things out.” I knew what it meant, my dad knew what it meant yet Rithvik did not and nobody had the heart to tell him. We invited him to our house and three days later my dad told us we were going to go hiking in Castle Rock. We drove for about a half hour and then finally began hiking. While on a trail bombarded with dust and leaves we began to hear a peculiar noise.


“What is that?” I asked.


=“Nothing” my dad replied, “it was probably just a lizard or something,’’


The sound enraged as we got closer and after a while we realized that some kind of animal was signalling us to leave.


“Let’s go back” I said, “it is not safe,”


“Okay” my dad said, “safety is more important than this hike.


But it was too late, the animal, which turned out to be a rattlesnake, had attacked and Rithvik was bitten. He winced in pain, and even though nobody knew the severity of the attack we all knew he had to go to a hospital. As soon as we got to the Emergency Room, the doctors hauled Rithvik away. We then called his parents and told them to meet us at the hospital and briefly described the injury to them. They both gasped and 15 minutes later they both arrived shocked and worried. This was during the school year so me and my dad had to leave throughout the day. We were able to come occasionally and it felt like forever (it was about three months) before Rithvik was released. A lot had changed over the time. His parents had come to the fact that they could not have Rithvik live a life with meeting only one parent at a time. Rithvik’s parents got back together (even though they never fully divorced) and even though an output like that had to happen, Rithvik’s life changed for the better.